Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Epic Fail Birthday Cake

My brother and his wife have the exact same birthday. How weird is that?

Though four years (I think -- maybe three?) apart, they were both born on September 14th.

Which is also, by the way, the day I found out I was pregnant with Kyan three years ago. And cried and cried and cried some more.

And when I called Eddie to tell him the news he asked me, "What is it that's freaking you out so much?" instead of answering with, "Oh, maybe because I had NECROTIZING FASCIITIS in my last c-section incision and nearly DIED" or even with, "Maybe because I puked the entire first 20 weeks I was pregnant with Jaidan," or even, "Because my last pregnancy? My blood pressure was high and I looked like the creature who swallowed Brandi and when I finally stopped puking all the time, I was just plain miserable because, guess what, it's pretty hard to move around when you look like Jabba the Hut."

Oh no. I didn't answer with any of those.

Instead I was freaking out "because I'm going to have two babies with two different daddies! I'm going to have two BABYDADDIES. I'm going to be one of THOSE women. And my babies are only going to be 19 months apart. It doesn't matter how long I went without *ahem ahem ahem* PEOPLE ARE GOING TO THINK I'M A WHORE."

Hormones, lovely hormones. They ain't no joke people.

But, holy off the subject, Batman! Let's reign it back in.

Josh and Jessica both have a birthday on the 14th. And since we were all together last weekend, we decided to throw them a birthday party.

A birthday party with no confetti or balloons or even presents. But, hey, there was a cake.

The Epic Fail Birthday Cake

I made it myself. I know. You're shocked!

See, the thing is . . . I discovered Bakerella a few months ago and was dying to make cakepops. When we decided to throw this "party," I came up with a great idea. Well, it was great in my head. I would make cake pops to spell out "Happy Birthday" and then I would attach them to a cake! It was going to be original and so cute and everyone was going to tell me how great and wonderful and creative I am.

Only I waited to get the stuff to make anything until around 9:00 the night before I was to start baking. And the only place really open was Walmart. And they didn't have any sucker sticks. Or white almond bark. And all their "Happy Birthday" thing-a-ma-bobs were ugly.

So the cake pop cake just became . . . cake. With some cake pops on the side.

And then I got the grand idea of trying to make a peace sign in sprinkles on top of the cake but it looked like Kyan had done it so I just threw sprinkles all over the whole thing. And then it split clear down the middle and became THE EPIC FAIL BIRTHDAY CAKE.

But you know what? It tasted so good that Jaidan was sent to bed early due to the fit he was throwing over being denied another piece.

So maybe not epic fail. At least in the taste department.

Also last Saturday . . .

It was Game Day! I coaxed his parents into letting me put Little B into some Razorback gear and we snapped some pictures of him and my Kare Bear together.

Have you ever tried taking a picture of a five month old and a nine month old at the same time?

The only thing harder is trying to take a picture of a five month old, a nine month old, a two year old, and a three year old at the same time.



Fun Stuff.

By the way -- if you feel like giggling today . . . go read the comments on my PINT post from this week. Ya'll were cracking me up!

P.S. It's (30 Day Shred) gotten easier. I still feel like my lungs are going to collapse when I do jumping jacks and I want to punch Jillian in the babymaker everytime the bicycle crunches start up. But I'm doing them. And that says SOMEthing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails