2) Karis likes a story every night before bed so I've taken to telling her where a certain freckle on her face came from. "This is Eunice. She's from New Zealand. She got on a boat and came all the way to Tennessee to land right there by your nose!" So the other night she decided to tell me a story about my "red freckle" (acne scar) and how it came from the lines on my forehead to live on my cheek. Nice. Nice.
3) Has anyone heard Billy Currington's new album? I "liked" one of his songs so now they've been playing on my Pandora almost constantly. Is it just me, or does his new album have a completely different, more mature sound? Way different than the days of sellin' turnips on a flatbed truck . . .
4) Speaking of music, ERIC CHURCH IS COMING TO THE MID-SOUTH. I repeat, ERIC CHURCH IS COMING TO THE MID-SOUTH. He will be here in February and I CANNOT WAIT. I will be fangirling so hard.
5) Does it mean you're getting old if you get excited about a printer? Mark went and bought us one on Saturday and it's awesome. I can print right from my phone!
6) I've been really bummed lately thinking about not spending Christmas with my kids this year. I won't have them at all Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. They don't come back to me until the 26th. Well, my wonderful, awesome, and amazing boyfriend cashed in his credit card points and got us tickets to the Bears game on Christmas Eve! Tailgating and the game will surely help keep my mind off not being with my kids. It'll mean Christmas in Chicago, too, and I'll finally get to attend his aunt's infamous party. I'm looking forward to it!
7) I can't say enough about how much we LOVE the kids' new school. Love it. One of the best things? All the activities they offer! This week J started intramurals and two of them have glee club this afternoon. October will bring Battle of the Books, Girls Club, Tech Club. So fun!
8) Team Aniston FOREVER
9) Who watched This is Us Tuesday night? So, yeah, loved it and was totally thrown for a loop at the end. But here's what bothered me: if they are turning 36, they were not in second grade when the Challenger exploded! I turned 36 in May and my butt was sitting on the carpet in Karen Newland's kindergarten class when the explosion occurred. That's my first historical memory and, for whatever reason, it bothered me the writers/ editors couldn't get their dates right!
10) Story of my life!