I loved J.K. Simmons' speech.
Expected NPH to be funnier because I do adore that man.
Lady Gaga KILLED it.
The highlight of the show was my children walking their own red carpet. Kykes wins for best dressed, hands down.
2) School was back in session Tuesday. THANK YA JESUS!
There's a chance I was the only one excited about the return to routine:
And there's also a chance I photographed myself chucking the deuces at their funky butts as the shuffled out the door that morning.
3) I read the book The Husband's Secret in ONE DAY. I loved it. Read it.
4) When I stumble upon news stories such as this one, my day is pretty much made:
Don't get me wrong: I feel for the victim and no one should be assaulted in their relationship, regardless of age difference. But these stories are MEME GOLD. Favorite:
5) I watched the movie Boyhood the other night. I didn't realize it was nearly THREE HOURS LONG. Sorry, I'm far too old to start that long of a movie after 8:00. However, it was a very good movie. Here's the thing: nothing happens in it, other than a boy grows up and his family grows up and older and changes and the world changes around him. There's no problem and solution. Nothing too major happens. It's just the story of life and I think it's simplicity is what makes it great.
And, just gotta say: WHERE WAS ETHAN HAWKE'S OSCAR NOM? Maybe it's just because I love him but I thought he was so good in the movie. He and Patricis Arquette both just seemed to live their roles rather than act them.
6) I'm judging myself musically here lately. First, I thought Miley Cyrus was amazing at the SNL 40th anniversary. Now I'm digging an Ariana Grande song! What.is.up?
7) What's up with NBC putting series finales in the middle of the TV season? They already ended Parks and Rec (I haven't watched it yet -- if I don't watch it, is it really over?) and it's only February. Not cool, NBC.
8) I was trying on dresses for an event this weekend and modeled both for my boys. Conversation:
Jaidan: I like the second one. Definitely the second one.
Kyan: Nooooo! The first one! Boys and mens can see too much of your boobs in the second one!
And now we know which one is more overprotective of his mom. He also informed me - when seeing my valentine flowers - "I hope those didn't come from a boy because if a boy gives you flowers it's only because he wants to kiss you and that is SO GROSS."
9) I'm tossing around the idea of a spring break trip to central Texas. And, not gonna lie, part of the reason is because it's been far too long since I've seen bluebonnets.
10) Something to ponder: