2) I mean el-oh-el
3) Boys got their school pictures back the other day. Please just try and show me two more handsome boys in Memphis, Tennessee. JUST TRY.
Gah! I just can't with that cuteness. I'm just as in love with Kyan's toothlessness (and, really, HOW first grade is that smile?) as J's chicklet teeth smile. Heartbreakers.
4) Oscar de la Renta passed this week. That legitimately makes me sad.
Not that I could ever afford anything he designed but ... that's never stopped a girl from wishing.
5) I tried a new-to-me restaurant Sunday night and ordered a beerrita because, duhhhh, I love beerritas.
Serious two person beerrita. And also? Los Reyes on Covington Pike and Stage gets two thumbs up from this beerrita lover (I could write up a whole review on it but, basically, my friend's fajita mix nachos were better than my chili relleno. But they had monst-ah margaritas.)
6) Took the children to a fall festival over the weekend.
They played roughly 5863674 games, jumped in bouncy houses, and the only thing my girl child is still talking about is the puppies the animal shelter had out there.
Also? We saw a pig wearing a tutu. Totally the highlight of my Saturday. Particularly given a certain football game that I DO NOT WANT TO TALK ABOUT.
7) I love:
a) Ebola memes
b) that Americans are collectively big enough assholes to crack jokes on the fear-mongering concerning infectious disease. God bless America.
Omgcantstoplaughing. Favorite Ebola meme. Email me if you don't get it so I can smack you with a Mean Girls dvd, high five myself, and be all "you go, Glen Coco!" to ... myself.
8) My girl and I voted on Friday.
This election is super important to the people of Memphis beee-cause ... we're voting on the sell of wine in grocery stores! Yes, my friends, welcome to the Bible Belt where you can't buy a bottle of your favorite Pinot Noir at the local Kroger.
Seriously, though, that was (is) on the ballot as is the governor's race, a handful of other political offices, and Amendment One (amongst other amendments.) If you live in Tennessee, I urge you to please research Amendment One. Don't just blindly follow yard signs.
9) Last Thursday - October 16th - was the eighth anniversary of the day I was diagnosed with necrotizing fasciitis.
My mom declared me a miracle and I figured surviving NF was reason enough to pick up a bottle of my bff Deep Eddy Grapefruit and engage in some Thirsty Thursday.
10) Finally, these were not Instagrammed but, as I said earlier, Ebola memes are currently amongst my favorite things. Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, Ebola mee-eems and warm woolen mittens ... Obviously, I have to share a few favorites.
I can't help but wonder what Kanye and Mama Kris think about the Kardashians and Ebola being linked in the minds of the public. They're probably proud.
I actually made this one ...
Because I was sent this one ...
Happy Thursday! (And, P.S., I had to edit this post on my kids' computer because my laptop is being an asshole. Apologies for any weird spacing or abnormally large pictures. It's totally the fault of the computer and not the operator.)