2) The kids and I went to my grandma's in Arkansas for Thanksgiving. I took my camera with me and took approxomately four pictures with it. And another ten or so with my phone. WHO AM I AND WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE REAL BRANDI?
I have pictures of all the important things, though.
Like this lap dance manicure I gave Storme.
3) I wasn't excited about Black Friday this year. Seeing as it was on THURSDAY and all. But then it rolled around and their were things I wanted and by 8:30 or so the turkey had been devoured and the kids were in bed. So Storme and I went shopping. We found everything we wanted AND never had to wait in line. It was kinda awesome! I couldn't believe it. I'm now 99% done with my Christmas shopping and its only December 5th. Holla!
4) Let's talk FOOTBALL for a minute here.
Arkansas/ LSU. Wait, ne'er mind, let's not talk about that one.
Auburn/ Alabama. HOLY SHIT. Several days later and I'm still all "holy shit" and "omg" and "did that REALLY just happen?" While it sucks that it's quite doubtful an SEC team will make it to the national championship this year (and, on that note, go Michigan State!), it's worth it go see the rabid Alabama fans eat a little crow. Sorry, Bama fans, but I'm inundated with you and your houndstooth in this part of the country and YOU ARE OBNOXIOUS.
5) We started decorating for Christmas on Saturday, finished on Monday. I refer to our tree as the Leaning Tower of Tree-sa cause, well ...
The last couple years, I've hung evergreen around the windows and on the banister. I didn't mess with it this year because, well, KARIS. Last year, the evergreen on the banister was torn down within about, oh, 15 minutes. I guess she's getting beyond all that, though, and I could've hung everything up. She really hasn't messed with the tree or stockings at all. This is what our decor looks like from my favorite perch on the couch:
6) Yesterday. The gym. I was on a bike and two guys were behind me on treadmills. Guy One was VERY LOUD which is cool because I'm VERY NOSY. Apparently he'd had a really good date the night before with a "cool chick" but was hesitant to text her first as he didn't want to appear too eager. He also mentioned that the girl was six years younger than him then went on to say she was 24. THIS GUY WAS THIRTY. Thirty! Man up, mofo! (When I left, I told him to text her. Poor girl was probably wondering why she hadn't heard from him!)
7) Y'all. This weather! It was 80 degrees yesterday. 80 degrees. The high today was reached at midnight, the temperature is supposed to drop all day, and there is "wintry precipitation" in the forecast THREE TIMES in the next TEN DAYS. It's December AND this is the south. Ain't nobody got time for that! Really, though, it's too early for winter weather and, besides, we don't even get snow. They're predicting a half inch of ICE. Yuck. Good thing I've stocked up on the essentials. You know, beer, wine, peppermint vodka for my hot chocolate . . .
8) Candy cane flavored Oreos and cranberry Sprite. Go get some. Thank me later.
9) I fully intend to enjoy the holidays to the fullest extent this year. Enjoy = eat (and drink) what I want, who cares if my jeans fit? A few years ago, I ate what I wanted. Drank what I wanted. And completely slacked on workouts. Never again. If I can help it. I didn't work out Wednesday through Sunday last week but hit the gym hard on Monday. By Wednesday, I weighed less than I did the day before Thanksgiving. I ate A LOT over the weekend but my metabolism is crazy high these days because I work out as much as I do. Well, at least Hypothesis According to Brandi.