I don't have a lot to say beyond what's already been said. So I'm just going to throw this out: the people who are defending this ASSHOLE WHO MOLESTED A CHILD AS YOUNG AS FIVE-YEARS-OLD are disgusting and almost as bad as he is. (I said almost.) The "boys will be boys" mentality is GROSS and anyone who says "he was only 14!" or drops the words "teenage mistake" needs and reality check and quick. I'm talking to you, Mike Huckabee and half the people I graduated from high school with! I'm just so sickened by this whole entire scandal and by all the people who rush to defend him. Yes, he can be forgiven his sin if you believe the Bible and all that. But we're not just talking about HIM here. There were victims. And regardless of whether or not he can be forgiven a sin, he still COMMITTED A CRIME AND FACED NO REAL CONSEQUENCES. I gotta stop before I get all worked up again!
2) Summer break officially began on Tuesday and we had a great day! The kids let me get some work done in the morning and early afternoon. We had a watermelon picnic in the front yard and spend a good chunk of the afternoon playing at Shelby Farms.
3) This weekend is the Italian Festival in Memphis and guess who is performing . . . The Gin Blossoms! My 90's heart just can't take it! However, they play around 9:30 at night and I just don't see that happening. Not with children.
4) I took this picture the other night. It's not the greatest but, man, I love downtown Memphis.
The bridge, the pyramid, the river, all the people. Ahhhhhh.
5) Speaking of photos from the other night ... this is what happens when you hand my boys the phone and ask them to take a pic ...
6) Caught my kid doing this to someone the other day. Wasn't sure whether to scold or high five him.
7) I was scrolling through Facebook yesterday and ... this:
I mean, REALLY?!?
8) My fellow bargain hunters! If you're a camisole wearer, Walmart has cotton camis in the junior sections for $1.68. One dollar and sixty eight cents. Regular price. I have no idea how well they hold up but seriously? They're perfect for sleeping in and at that price ...
9) Song Love:
10) Not to make light of the Texaa flooding, but this did make me chuckle ...