Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Patriotism and Sleepovers

I haven't felt much like blogging lately.  I'm way too obsessed with looking up Biden memes.
 
These are giving me LIFE right now.  I think they are for most people.
 
In all actuality, life has been really hectic lately.  And, honestly, it feels like the thunderstorm before the tornado for me because I have finals looming.  Ahhhhh. Taking things one day at a time and counting down until early December when finals are over.
 
I carved out a few minutes to find time to write.  Mainly because, in addition to being hectic, life is also really, really fun right now.  I want to record these days.  I want to remember them.
 
The kids had a three day weekend but Thursday might as well have been a holiday too.  The kids had "I Love America" at school, something that is a HUGE, HUGE deal.  They do a program for veterans, a big school wide picnic, then follow everything up with a parade.  Families are encouraged to attend and it's just a really big thing.  I wasn't able to be there for the entire day but did make it to the parade.  Both boys marched with other kids from their classes.

 



During the parade, the girlchild and I stood with Karis and her class.  J marched at the very beginning so he came to join us pretty quickly.  When the class representing Wisconsin marched by, they were all decked out in Green Bay Packers gear.  This led to J shouting, "Booo!  Go Bears!" which then led to the entire class on the other side of the street from us booing.  Ahhhhh.  That kid!



It really was a fun day and I was so glad I made it for the parade.  Maybe next year, I can arrange things where I can be there for the entire day.
 
Since the kids didn't have school on Friday, Avery came over for a sleepover Thursday night.  Karis has been DYING to have a sleepover so she was super, super excited. 


The girls played, laughed, watched princess movies, dressed up, and stayed up late. Karis INSISTED on dragging a billion blankets into the living room and camping out in front of the TV.  The boys didn't want to be left out so they crashed on the couches.


Friday afternoon I took Avery home and the kids jumped on the trampoline for a while.  I promise J is happier than he looks!  He'd been begging to go over there and jump for months.
 

Friday night, Karis and J went with their dad so they could easily get to soccer the next morning.  We only had two kids, which was really weird.  Russell came over and we grilled burgers.  Oh, and this happened . . .

It was 62* and these two jumped in the pool.  Polar plunge!  And, yes, we realize we're parents of the year.

Saturday and Sunday were a blast too -- I'll post about that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails