Monday, November 28, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

We had a really great Thanksgiving!
 
We actually decided to stay home this year and, for the first time in my adult life, I HOSTED!  I was so excited!  We decided to stay home because it was the first major holiday in our new home but also because, due to parenting plans and custody and all that, we won't have all five kids for Christmas.  This felt like the chance to "Christmas" without it being December 25th.  And we ended up having a really great time.
 
 
Mark fried the turkey and smoked a ham and also did the gravy and baked a broccoli cauliflower casserole.  Cady brought macaroni and cheese and deviled eggs.  I made dressing, potato casserole, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, sausage balls, rolls, pecan pie, chocolate pie, and a pumpkin poke cake.  My feet hurt like hell after standing up for what felt like two days straight but I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.


We had a slight incident with the turkey fryer -- there was a leak in the something or other (sorry, I'm not the one who fries the turkey) so we had to run and borrow Russell's, delaying our dinner about an hour.  I told Mark it's not a holiday if you're not running late!
 

We ate good food, drank a lot of wine, and watched football.  Pretty much the perfect Thanksgiving.
 

I also made pudding shots!  And, since I Made them for the kids, had to churn out some for the kiddies too. #Momoftheyear  The kid ones are alllll gone and we still have half of the adult ones.  Ahhh.
 

I love Thanksgiving so much.  It's all my favorite things rolled into one Thursday in November: family, friends, food, fun, and FOOTBALL.  We indulged more of that football on Friday by going to the Memphis/ Houston game.
 

Tickets were dirt cheap so we ended up with ahhhhmazing seats.
 

It was easily the best game I've seen in college football this season.  SUCH a great game.
 

 

Best part of it?  Memphis won!  Woo Hoo!

Hey, Derek Mason, WHO is the best team in Tennessee?!?  WE own this state!


After the game, we came home and watched the Hogs lose (*eye roll*), Mark and I both took long naps, and I sent the kids to bed early because they were being a-holes (#realtalk.)

The rest of our weekend was spent watching football and decorating for Christmas (more on that later this week - maybe/ hopefully.)  We went over to Russell's for a bit on Saturday to watch the Iron Bowl.
 

There's a chance Russell had all my kids screaming, "WAR EAGLE!"

Sunday was more decorating, more football, and a heartbreaker of a Bears game.  Wow!


This week is going to be interesting . . . my last week before finals and Mark is traveling all week.  Ahhh, pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails